I am always looking for $5 gifts for teachers, something to say "Thanks for what you do every day!". In the past I have found lip balms, room sprays, hand sanitizers, lotion and sachets were great little gifts!
We will make two products this month. Corn Cob and Aroma Bead Sachets. Both are great but as you will see they are totally different.
Crushed Corn Cob
Liquid or Powder Red Candle Dye
BNL Enchanted Apple Fragrance Oil
Cello Bags for packaging
Envelopes (I got these at a local Scrapbook/Stamping Store)
How to make Corn Cob Sachets:
- Put 1 cups corn cobs into jar and add 1/4 oz fragrance. This ratio is just a good starting point and can be adjusted according to your desired strength.
- Cover the jar and shake it often for a couple of days to allow the corn cob to absorb the oil and to give the fragrance time to cure.
- Once the corn cob is dry, you can place it in the Sachet Envelopes and package in Cello Bags. DO NOT DO THIS BEFORE THE CORN COB HAS ABSORBED ALL THE OIL! It will leach through the paper and make a mess. :)
How To Make Aroma Bead Sachets:
- Weigh out 3 ounces of Aroma Beads
- In a Mason Jar, with a lid weigh 1 ounce Enchanted Apple Fragrance Oil.
- Add 8 drops Red Fragrance Oil or a half a Smidgen Spoon of Red Powder Dye.
- Pour the beads into the Mason Jar with the Fragrance, seal well and Shake to distribute the oil and beads.
- Shake often as you walk by the beads to speed up the process. Once the beads are done, they should be dry to the touch.
- Place in Sachet Bags, package in a cello bag and they are ready for giving!