This month I will show you what you need to make the adorable Halloween set I made.
- 8 oz. or 16 oz. Smooth Side Mason Jars
- Lids (I prefer the Rusty lids or the Black!)
- Fragrance: Perfect Pumpkin WYW, Candy Corn and Honey Pear Cider
- Wax: IGI 4636 works GREAT for making layered candles so I'd recommend that for this
- Dye: Orange Dye Chips, Saturn Yellow Dye Chips and White Dye Chips
- Wicks: If you are making the 8 oz, the 51-32-18z and the 16 oz. the 60-44-18z
- You will also need black and yellow glossy acrylic paints and a fine tip paintbrush.
First assemble your jars. Be sure to wash and dry them well. Pre-heat your oven to the lowest
setting and place the jars in the oven on a cookie sheet. Do this while your wax is melting. Heat for at least 20 minutes. Longer is fine too. :)
- For the 16 oz. Jars, each will hold 12.8 weight oz of wax and with the Candy Corn and Honey Pear Cider. 8 weight oz of scent. The candle made from Perfect Pumpkin will use .5 weight oz of scent.
- For the 8 oz. Jars, each will hold 6.4 weigh oz of wax and .4 weight oz of scent. The candle made from Perfect Pumpkin will use .25 weight oz of scent. This will be easiest to do if you have a total of 5 Pouring Pots.
- For the 16 oz. jars use 1 white chip total for the Honey Pear Cider for the 8 oz use 1/2 white chip. For the Perfect Pumpkin use 2 Chips per 16 oz jar and 1 per 8 oz. For the Candy Corn split the wax three ways. 2 pots each weighing 4 oz and the remainder in the third. This wax is already scented! For the Yellow (a 4 oz pot) add 1 Saturn Yellow Chip, for the orange which is the largest of the three pots, add one Orange Chip and the top will be the white and that will use 1/2 a White Chip.
Heat wax to 185-190*. Once wax reaches desired temp, add your dye, blend well then add fragrance and again blend well. This wax should be poured between 180-185* into heated containers and cooled as slow as possible for optimal adhesion to glass and a smoother finished candle top. The increased pour temp will allow for more even cooling and less sink holes.
For the Candy Corn Candle, pour each layer as you can. I allow the candles to cool until they are cool to the touch before pouring the next layer. For the second and third colors I recommend pouring at 165-170* into room temp glass.
The end result is three candles that all have Halloween Appeal! Paint cute Jack-o-Lantern faces on the Perfect Pumpkin Candle and a cute face on the Honey Pear Cider Ghost and you have the perfect Halloween Trio!
For Christmas, consider a green candle scented in Oh Christmas Tree, with bulbs painted on. A White and Red Striped Candle scented in Candy Cane. A Red Candle with a black band in the center with a buckle painted on for Ole St. Nick scented in Old Fashioned Christmas! You could do the same for so many holidays! Just use your imagination!
Hope this idea will help you make your year one of the most successful yet!